Frequently Asked Questions
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN I BOOK FOR?
- In normal times, we can comfortably accommodate for 60-70 people in each of our two bars.
- Under current restrictions our venue capacity is reduced.
- Group bookings are available for 4-12 people. Larger groups and functions may be accommodated for depending on time and date. However, this is unlikely to be possible on a Friday or Saturday night. Please fill out our Functions Enquiry Form for further information.
IS THERE A BOOKING FEE?
- No – there is no booking fee to enjoy your time with us.
- However – in the case of booking out the entire rooftop bar, there is a hire fee that includes drinks and is incurred per hour of exclusivity.
- We ask for a minimum spend of $30pp
- We can reserve a space for you at any time during our trading hours.
- We ask that you please enquire or make changes to bookings at least 24 hours in advance of your proposed booking time, as we may not tend to emails if they’re for the same evening.
- If you don’t arrive on time, your table will be reserved for up to 15 minutes after your agreed arrival time.
- For the allocated area itself, we allow for a two hour booking period. Having said this, if there isn’t another booking in the same area, you’re more than welcome to continue on into the night.
WHAT FOOD IS AVAILABLE?
- Instead of traditional packages, we can organise for pizza from our friends at Connie’s, or you’re more than welcome to bring food in from outside – we just ask that it doesn’t smell too much for the comfort of other guests.
WHAT DRINKS DO YOU OFFER?
- We provide an extensive bar offering of beer, wine, spirits and the like, alongside a seasonal cocktail menu. Check out our menu here.
- Bar tabs can be organised on the evening of your booking, for any occasion.
WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU PLAY?
- Popular hip hop and RnB classics – there are plenty of familiar tunes to sing along to.
- For the same reason we ask that you please refrain from bringing food that may offend, we also ask that you refrain from bringing balloons, props or decorations. This extends to bucks and hens nights, which we unfortunately have a house rule against, due to their nature of being boisterous and raucous. Cakes may not be brought into the venue without prior consent of the venue.
- Union Electric is a specialty cocktail bar, all guests must be over 18 without exception.
COVID SAFE INFORMATION
We would like all of our guests to understand, before visiting Union Electric, that we are confident that we are meeting our obligations as a responsibly operated, licenced hospitality venue operating under current emergency conditions. We ask that you understand that we will not allow access to guests who might be unwell or showing symptoms as outlined in Victorian Government guidelines and that we are required to record guests full name and contact phone number and that we will ask for residential postcodes. We thank you in advance for your understanding, very much appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you soon.